Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Yahoo Messenger

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 flingwing67

flingwing67

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:47 PM

Not sure this belongs in this section, but couldn't find anywhere else to put it.

I realize this may be a bit mundane to discuss here, however Yahoo, as of this month, is phasing out their old messenger for a new one.  

Yes, I am running Windows 10 (without problems for a couple of months)

This new one is (IMHO) not as user friendly by a long shot.  First you have to delete the old one to install the new one.  Then you have to go through set up as if it is a first time software.  Then I was asked to re-invite every one that I wanted.  Next I discovered that you cannot even tell if another person is on line with the new package. As of yet, I have not had any responses to my invites, let alone any conversations.  

If I didn't know better (maybe I don't), it appears as if Yahoo is sabotaging messenger.  The Help tab is pretty useless.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 10 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:54 PM

You do realize Yahoo was sold to Verizon? The are a shell of their former self. Verizon will dismantle and cast off the useless to them parts. So Yahoo is not sabotaging themselves. They are being dismantled by their new overlord.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users