Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help for upgrading my pc

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 akunpurku

akunpurku

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:10 PM

What i should change? And for what?
Here is what i have now.
I'm waiting the new battlefield and also do some video editing.

Intel Core i5 3570K 4x 3.40GHz So.1155 BOX

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel Z77 So.1155 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX Retail

16GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1866 DIMM CL10 Dual Kit

600 Watt Super Flower Golden Green Modular 80+ Gold

256GB Samsung 830 Basic Series 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s MLC Toggle (MZ-7PC256B/WW)

3072MB Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 WindForce 3X Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail)

Thank you for help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:25 PM

What are the two major complaints...you have about your current system?  That should point you in the direction in which you wish to proceed with spending money :).

Louis

#3 akunpurku

akunpurku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:02 AM

I was thinking about the Gpu but if i change it what other parts i need also change? Power is enough? Is my processor still good ? Sorry i not much know about about this things... and my pc is 3 or 4 years old so I think its time to update. Thank you

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:36 AM

I was thinking about the Gpu but if i change it what other parts i need also change? Power is enough? Is my processor still good ? Sorry i not much know about about this things... and my pc is 3 or 4 years old so I think its time to update. Thank you

What monitor? Assuming FullHD@60 Hz, GPU is still fine. And currently there's huge shortage of new generation GPU's and so prices are high.

If you find cheap i7-3770K (and I said cheap, at most 50 bucks or so), go for it.

Intel's development over last 4 years on CPU's is sporadic so I suggest you wait if Zen brings something on table next year.

#5 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:21 AM

@akunpurku, 550 Watts psu should work. RX 480 is good.
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#6 akunpurku

akunpurku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:46 AM

What monitor? Assuming FullHD@60 Hz, GPU is still fine. And currently there's huge shortage of new generation GPU's and so prices are high.

If you find cheap i7-3770K (and I said cheap, at most 50 bucks or so), go for it.

Intel's development over last 4 years on CPU's is sporadic so I suggest you wait if Zen brings something on table next year.

My monitor is 24" (60,96cm) Asus VS Serie VS248H schwarz 1920x1080 1xHDMI 1.3/1xVGA/1xDVI 

#7 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:12 AM

60Hz monitor so I see no big reason to upgrade GPU right now. Wait for lower prices and upgrade monitor and GPU same time.

#8 akunpurku

akunpurku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:18 AM

60Hz monitor so I see no big reason to upgrade GPU right now. Wait for lower prices and upgrade monitor and GPU same time.

Thank you for answer. it sounds like a best choice at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users