Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote using laptop or phone, IP?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pretorian000

pretorian000

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:06 PM

Friends, a bad fellow had unothorized entry to my work room and had access to both my laptop and phone. Now my android phone (xperia z3) is locked with password so i dont believe he could have touched it, but my laptop was left on so he could play with it the way he wants. I was out for about hour or two, that was his access time. Now i know that he could have installed many things, but here is what i wonder. If he has installed some program for remote using, could he use my laptop or android just as if it is in his hands? Can he do this while my devices are sleeping? Because i usually just close my laptop when i go to bed at night, so if such program is installed can he just remotly breaks into my pc and starts using my stuff. Also, another things. Most interentet accounts that i use can show my the ip adresses where i have been logged. But if someone is remotely accessing my laptop or phone, will my ip adress appear or the one that he is using? In other words, if for example he remotely accesses my laptop or phone and opens facebook, will i be logged with my IP or with his. Hope you got my point. And also how easy it is for such programs to be operating and is there any sure way to catch them? Thanks 

Edited by hamluis, 19 August 2016 - 05:27 PM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users