Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer freezes

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 farmgirl806

farmgirl806

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:45 PM

I have a Toshiba laptop that will freeze up and if I open Task Manager it fixes it temporarily.  But it will happen often per day.  The laptop is running windows 10 Home, it is a 64 Bit,  it has 3 GB ram.  Hoping someone has a solultion.  I do not have to use task manager  i only have to open it.  Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit:  Merged topics - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 20 August 2016 - 07:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:18 PM

Please follow the instructions below.

BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Louis

#3 farmgirl806

farmgirl806
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:43 PM

I attached the file collection app.zip and the collection app I think.  When I try to run the other program you asked it doesn't do anything or output a file.  Nothing happens so I must be doing something wrong.  Can you help with this.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:29 AM

The reports aren't attached to your post.

Which report isn't running correctly?  If it's the perfmon report, skip it for now.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 farmgirl806

farmgirl806
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:13 AM

I am so sorry I have not worked with you timely but I fell and ended up in the ER.  I am better now so this afternoon I will work on this.  I have attached the zipped file.  It is the perfmon that I cannot get to run.  I will do the other jobs you requested and will post as soon as they are done.  Thanks

Attached Files

#6 farmgirl806

farmgirl806
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:35 AM

I will try harder to understand how to do the jobs you requested.

Edited by farmgirl806, 22 August 2016 - 07:30 AM.

#7 farmgirl806

farmgirl806
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:48 AM

· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ?    windows 10 home
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?    64bit
· What was original installed OS on system?   Windows 7
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? was preinstalled
· Age of system (hardware)  5 years
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?  windows 10 is less than a year

· CPU   ADM A4-3305M APU with Radeon ™ HD Graphics
· Video Card  Radeon  ™ HD Graphics 6480G
· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop)

· System Manufacturer-- Toshiba
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)Satellite L755D-85109

· Laptop or Desktop?  Laptop

#8 farmgirl806

farmgirl806
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:22 PM

is there something I can do?    i have tried to do the memory test but must be doing something wrong.  I will try to work on that again

#9 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:22 PM

Hello Farmgirl, sorry to hear of your accident. As they say, farming is one of the most dangerous occupations. I was raised on a cattle ranch (not farming) but I can identify. Oh, the stories I could tell!

Ok, while usamsa and Hamluis are getting back to us, let's try an alternative to testing the memory as follows:

I will assume that your laptop has an internal DVD drive; if not, post back. Increasing numbers do not have DVD drives lately.

>  Download the (free) zip file (2nd from the top) ISO of Memtest86+ , unzip it and burn to a CD or DVD

>  Make sure your BIOS is set to CD = 1st Boot Device, HDD = 2nd Boot Device.

Reboot with the CD in your drive. Allow it to run until you get a message at the bottom of the screen that testing is complete (about 20 minutes). Any red posts at the bottom of the screen means that memory stick is bad.

If you have multiple sticks, test only one (1) stick at a time. If you do not know how to access the memory modules on your laptop, just run the program.

If Memtest will not run or you get error messages, let me know.

If you have any questions on how to do the above, post back.

Edited by ranchhand_, 22 August 2016 - 06:25 PM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#10 farmgirl806

farmgirl806
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:19 PM

Thanks you for responding and most of this day I spent trying to get the memory test to run,  I have changed the boot order but the laptop goes right to my desktop.  I have burned 3 cds in case i did something.  Which I guess i have.  So here I am again with nothing done.  Is there another way to get the memory test?  Thanks for your help.

#11 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:38 PM

Ok....at this point let's wait for Hamluis and Usasma to post back. Try to do what they suggested.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#12 farmgirl806

farmgirl806
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:35 PM

Sorry to say but I have worked on the Hard drive test but again I am unable to boot from it.  I have changed the boot order to cd drive 1st but it fires up and still loads the main welcome screen.   Thedriver verifier  looks as if everything is ok and there is nothing in the windows minidump file.   And then the memory test is also not booting the laptop.  Is there another way?

#13 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,039 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:19 PM

your topic appears to be going nowhere...perhaps because the instructions posted by hamluis were not followed....

post here....   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400074/please-post-in-this-topic-if-you-have-not-received-help-after-three-days/

You need to make a fresh start.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#14 farmgirl806

farmgirl806
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:12 PM

I have solved the problem with my laptop by reseating the ram.  I was unable to make the cds work  that I was instructed  ai will and I don't know why.  But  I am confident that everything is working now.  This will be my last post. 

#15 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,039 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:38 PM

:thumbup2: ...Well done !!

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users