Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Laptop And Not Happy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Qas

Qas

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:45 PM

hello, i brought a new aadvent laptop. And the fan makes alot of noise. Is it ment to do this? Im just doing genral browsing. And not covering the vents thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Qas

Qas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:22 AM

anyone?

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:45 AM

When you say a new notebook. Is it new, as in you are the first owner? Or is it new as in you just bought it? I have never had a notebook that the fan was loud enough to be noticed. I have had 7 notebooks over the years.
If it is new I would take it to the shop and have them look at it. You may have a defective fan motor. A bad fan motor with make your computer sound like a 747 idling for take off.
It should not make a noticable sound.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users