Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows repair toolbox

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 vulcain

vulcain

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:44 AM

Hello,
I just found this utility. Do you know please. It allows the use of Combofix and an uninformed person, there is great risk.
What do you recommend ?
thank you

http://www.windows-repair-toolbox.com/

Edited by hamluis, 19 August 2016 - 10:26 AM.
Moved to AV/AM Software from Gen Security - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:54 AM

Requirements:  Windows XP to 10. <= I think,  it says all and more questions should not be.

Edited by kaljukass, 19 August 2016 - 09:54 AM.

#3 vulcain

vulcain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:04 AM

Hello,
I do not agree, the use of combofix is dangerous for a novice. In addition, the utility is not professional.
The use of Combofix is regulated by this forum.
The made to say that it can be used on Windows XP to Windows 10, justifies nothing.
Does the utility is reliable and do you know?
thank you

#4 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:05 AM

By running Windows Repair Toolbox you accept COMPLETE responsibility for ANYTHING that happens. This tool has ZERO WARRANTY for any purpose. Run it AT YOUR OWN RISK.

All 3rd-party tools you might download using Windows Repair Toolbox belong to their respective owners and authors, and are bound by their respective licences. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to determine if you have the rights to use those 3rd-party tools in whatever environment you use this software.

Its gonna be more risky and disastrous.

Wondering if the tools and software included are allowed by the respective authors for redistribution.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#5 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:20 AM

Combofix is NOT compatible with Windows 8.1 and 10, and according to Quietman7, sUBs has no current plans to make it compatible.

ComboFix is a program, created by sUBs, that scans your computer for known malware, and when found, attempts to clean these infections automatically. In addition to being able to remove a large amount of the most common and current malware, ComboFix also displays a report that can be used by trained helpers to remove malware that is not automatically removed by the program.

Please note that running this program without supervision can cause your computer to not operate correctly. Therefore only run this program at the request of an experienced helper.

This program works with Windows 8, but not Windows 8.1 at this time!

I strongly recommend that anyone contemplating using Combofix read this post by Quietman7 FIRST!

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#6 vulcain

vulcain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:39 PM

Hello Malware study Main Room

thank you for your answer, that's exactly what I wanted to be on. You understood me.
I inform you that I am French and I use google for translation.
I have great respect for your forum and so I like that your information is transmitted as advice.
I do not criticize the developer but knowing that the use of such Combofix should not be random, I ask your advice.
thank you

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:46 PM

...Wondering if the tools and software included are allowed by the respective authors for redistribution.

Based on past experience with similar programs, I doubt the creator of this program received permission. That alone would not warrant a recommendation.

Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Tool (All In One) is a safer alternative to fix general Windows issues.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#8 vulcain

vulcain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:30 AM

Hello
I am fully with you.
thank you for your reply

#9 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:34 AM

+1 for Vulcain and Quietman7!  A local place once fixed my Windows 7 with ComboFix, well, it fixed the Windows alright, the USB ports worked again, the ethernet card/internet connectivity worked again.  However, many of my monitoring and security programs bit the dust in their former 100% operations because of ComboFix, and not even uninstall/reinstall fixed those operations.  Fortunately, I had a previous OS backup full image on each of my dedicated usb ext HDs, I restored, and was back in business -- I immediately hunted down the usb ports settings, both ethernet & wireless settings, made adjustments to Windows OS, heading off a re-occurence of what led me to bring my laptop to a local fixit shop in the first place.

Edited by RolandJS, 20 August 2016 - 04:42 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#10 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:49 AM

It's a menu board, reminds me of Hiren's CD.  Hopefully, like Hirens, WRT creater got permission to "menu-post" those utilities.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:17 AM

One more thing...ComboFix was never meant to be used as a general purpose malware scanner like Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Zemana AntiMalware, SuperAntispyware, AdwCleaner, etc which scan individual drives, different folders, the registry, etc on a computer for malware.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users