Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing files into .bin or .dat

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kiwi11

Kiwi11

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:44 AM

Hello,

(I got no idea where to post this, so I'm posting it here)

I'm trying to build a custom map in a game called Empire Earth, the map features a part of the real world and I want to make the map is realistic as possible. I've found a site through other forum posts that let's me select a grid of the map and it will than give me info (amount of columns/rows etc). This link however dates back from 2004, and since than the map where you select a grid has changed, the main point is that you used to be able to download the required info in a .bin file which than later you were able to change to .dat (.dat is needed) by simply typing in a different extension. However now I only seem to be able to download the file I need in .tif, .asc (ascII), .grd or .nc. My question is:
Is there any way to change the .tif, .asc, .grd or .nc into a .bin or .dat file? I'm really noob at this, so I don't know which exact info I need that should be in the .bin or .dat files, I just know I need the .bin or .dat file of the particular grid of the map I want. I really need some help here, thank you in advance smiley.gif.

The site with the map I use to select a particular part of the map is this: http://maps.ngdc.noaa.gov/viewers/wcs-client/
(If there are other sites like this that give me the option to do the same but than let me download the info I need in .bin or .dat that is fine too)
Regards,
Kiwi

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 19 August 2016 - 09:10 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to computer gaming

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users