Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't play any videos anywhere, Adobe crashing?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ellena

ellena

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:14 AM

Hi I hope anyone can help me here. Yesterday I got a warning that my Flash plug-in wasn't working anymore and i can't get it to work since. I wasn't doing anything special when the first 'crash' happened, but just before it did my screen suddenly went black for like 10 seconds. 

Flash is updated, and Chrome too. I tried playing videos on Chrome, Firefox and IE but none of them work. When I try to play the videos that are saved on my computer, they do not work either. Its hard to browse the internet because the plug-in keeps crashing too. I tried reinstalling it and turning it on and off but that didnt help. I did a virus scan (i just have some free one, AVG) but it didn't find anything.
Im using windows 8.1

The exact warning I get is: "The following plug-in has crashed: Shockwave Flash"

When I try to go to youtube to play a video i get to see like the first frame of the video, and the bar is loading but it doesn't start playing

While searching for an answer I saw a lot of answers to this are to check if you have Flash installed 2 times since its 'build-in' on Chrome but thats not the solution for me I only have it downloaded 1x. 

edit: i just realized i probably should've posted this elsewhere but i have no idea where oops

Edited by ellena, 19 August 2016 - 06:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElsieVan

ElsieVan

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:52 AM

i have many issues with that window..................................................

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:59 AM

Open Chrome and type in about:plugins in the address bar.

All of the plugins will be visible.  If you scroll down you will see two listings of Flash Player.  Are both of these Adobe Flash Player or Shockwave Flash?  If you do there may be a conflict between the two.  If you do have two of the same Player follow the instructions below.

In the upper right portion of the page you will see a box with a plus (+) in it and Details to the right of it.  Click on Details.  You will see a complete list of your plugins.  In the Player list you will see the two Players and their file path, you want to find the file path that includes Google\Chrome in it, click on disable.

If this resolves the problem leave it as it is.  When you disable the Chrome Player Enable will appear.  If deleting the Chrome Player didn't resolve this click on enable to restore the Chrome Player.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users