Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do i install windows in a freedos laptop?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 panda2449

panda2449

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:57 AM

So i have a new laptop, HP that doesnt have widnows installed and has something called freedos.

I got the iso and used a program called rufus to install it in a USB drive and make it bootable.

But when i connected it to the laptop and chose to boot from that US drive(lexar) nothing happened and it send me to the usual freedos window.

I tried to go from bios and put USB prive as first boot priority but nothing happened either, i ve never really done this so i have absolutely no idea how it works exactly or what i am doing wrong.

http://imgur.com/a/PWgTr

Here are the options i am seeing.

Edited by hamluis, 26 August 2016 - 12:17 PM.
Moved from Buying New to Win 7 - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:38 AM

It could be that the USB drive is not bootable.  Have you tried it on another machine?

This may not work as you may need drivers from HP to get everything working.

#3 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:44 AM

What about hdd or sdd?Are they capable of windows? In some cases windows is not supported by internal storage. What is the model of your hp laptop?
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#4 lephonghau

lephonghau

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:10 AM

You need a usb driver bootable and windows source cd. Format you hdd disk and boot from usb

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:57 AM

Just a reminder...you need a valid Win 7 license to use the Win 7 iso.  It seems that I also remember that the Win 7 iso cannot be used effectively on OEM systems...HP is an OEM.

How To Clean REinstall Win 7.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 31 August 2016 - 07:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users