Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free product exchange for Amazon Review, you in?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 glory007

glory007

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:57 AM

Hi guys, this is Glory from a 3rd party brand on Amazon, we are specialized mostly in PC/Mobile accessories. 

As you might know already that Reviews are very important to product listing page.

Every time we post a new product, we might need some reviews to add more content to our page.

Thus, i am here posting this, if you are interested getting free tech accessories and you are ok with writing a review for a product, comment below, i will PM you our facebook page address. Ya, we are posting codes on facebook groups.

Any other question, please feel free to ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:47 PM

Hi,

Can you tell me what the expectations are for reviewers? Is there a certain time frame that they must write a review by? Are they expected to give a positive review even if they have issues with the product? Would they be required to disclose that they got the product for free as part of your review system?

#3 glory007

glory007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:26 AM

Hi,

Can you tell me what the expectations are for reviewers? Is there a certain time frame that they must write a review by? Are they expected to give a positive review even if they have issues with the product? Would they be required to disclose that they got the product for free as part of your review system?

We are looking for Honest review but we are hoping to get positive review. the review is supposed to be finished within 5 days after reviewer receive the package. You can contact us if you got a issue product/fault product, we will change a new one. And Amazon is getting hard on the review part, reviewer should disclose/claim that you got this item for review.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,517 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:46 AM

Well, it's all aok to me.  I have this thing going on with Acronis True Image 2016 Beta and AtI 2017 Beta.  I downloaded and installed both ATI 2016 one year ago and gave a short review, I downloaded and installed ATI 2017 recently and just a day ago I gave a review.  Although in both reviews I forget to mention getting the two products freely as a beta tester -- I indicated in the two Amazon reviews that the product[s] did a very good job, what was promised:  make backups, make restores.  In the ATI 2017 review I indicate: really missed the ability to add Acronis Drive Director in the creation process of the usb boot stick or the dvd boot.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 glory007

glory007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:53 AM

Well, it's all aok to me.  I have this thing going on with Acronis True Image 2016 Beta and AtI 2017 Beta.  I downloaded and installed both ATI 2016 one year ago and gave a short review, I downloaded and installed ATI 2017 recently and just a day ago I gave a review.  Although in both reviews I forget to mention getting the two products freely as a beta tester -- I indicated in the two Amazon reviews that the product[s] did a very good job, what was promised:  make backups, make restores.  In the ATI 2017 review I indicate: really missed the ability to add Acronis Drive Director in the creation process of the usb boot stick or the dvd boot.

sure, but most of our products are small tech accessories and as part of the rule, you don't get to choose which product you like to review, we will post the notes in the group and you can comment under the post if you are interested reviewing the item,

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,517 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:53 AM

Returning directly to the topic, glory007, I look forward to getting the PM of your Facebook page[s].  I like to learn something new, what is: "posting codes on facebook groups"?  That sounds interesting and I have no idea what that means.  :)

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#7 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,517 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:59 AM

Glory007, just so you know about "us Settlers [we use Time Warner instead of The Dish]" -- we have a desktop and two laptops; a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, a Samsung Galaxy TabA, two active flip-phones [running T-Mobile pay-as-you-go].  I have been gleefully watching on SyFy older movies in which both the good folks and the bad folks whip out their flip-phones, plaster 'em to their respective ears, and actually talk, listen, talk, listen!  Ok, sometimes a girl will speed text somebody.  Computer OS?  Not too long ago, I had to "rip out of my cold [live] hands my Windows 98SE and actually go to Windows 7" -- what a learning curve that was!  Wifey and I indeed are "Settlers" -- would you like us to make you a straw hat?

Edited by RolandJS, 20 August 2016 - 03:02 AM.

#8 glory007

glory007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:01 AM

Glory007, just so you know about "us Settlers [we use Time Warner instead of The Dish]" -- we have a desktop and two laptops; a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, a Samsung Galaxy TabA, two active flip-phone [running T-Mobile pay-as-you-go].  I have been gleefully watching on SyFy older movies in which both the good folks and the bad folks whip out their flip-phones, plaster 'em to their respective ears, and actually talk, listen, talk, listen!  Ok, sometimes a girl will speed text somebody.

i believe that i have replied you.

ps: 

#9 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,517 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:42 AM

...what is: "posting codes on facebook groups"?

I still want to know what it is, how it works.

#10 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:54 PM

Sounds interesting I have done a few short reviews on amazon but they are very basic. If that is OK I'm in

John

An Australian Living in the USA

#11 glory007

glory007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:57 PM

Sounds interesting I have done a few short reviews on amazon but they are very basic. If that is OK I'm in

well, we kinda need more than just basic, it will be better if it's with pics. Can you do that?

#12 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:59 PM

well, we kinda need more than just basic, it will be better if it's with pics. Can you do that?

I think I can do that I have a good camera on my Iphone

John

An Australian Living in the USA

#13 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,983 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:07 PM

If I may make one comment on this matter, when a product I see on amazon has a load of reviews by customers given the product free/at a reduced price on the condition of their writing a review I tend to look towards other products. It's not that there is anything necessarily wrong with a product which has reviews which are all reviews where the consumer received the item free/reduced but as a buyer it feels strange enough to generally put me off a product, I should imagine I'm not alone in these feelings, so I'm surprised that companies keep on asking people to review products for them like this, I would have thought that it's generally more advantageous for the company to wait around for some normal buyers and let them review the product, so that potential future buyers looking at the page don't get that odd feeling one gets from seeing a product with sponsored reviews only.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#14 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:06 PM

@rp88

While initially I tend to agree with you regarding the more positive bias when reviewing products obtained for free. With the expectation of a review on the gratis product. I did some research regarding Amazon reviews and Amazon's own invite only review program. One thing I had not considered that was mentioned a few times. That highly negative and less objective reviews were made when a product was purchased and the experience was negative. So when you're out the money you'll tend to judge far more harshly on the product and be less objective.

So the review system is skewed either way. Free and liable to be more favorable. Paid for and no slack given and more harsh.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#15 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 910 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:09 AM

That highly negative and less objective reviews were made when a product was purchased and the experience was negative. So when you're out the money you'll tend to judge far more harshly on the product and be less objective.

Yes, I've done that myself.  Removed the review after calming down though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users