I would like to install an operating system, but cannot even do this!
The computer had windows 7 on it. The SSD (“hard drive”) was removed and reformatted using another computer.
Now I cannot even load an operating system because after powering on I just get a message:
“Boot MGR is missing
Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart”
So this is what I have done so far:
1. Checked all cables
2. Tried to install windows 10 from a CD
3. Tried to install windows 7 from a CD
4. Physically changed the optical (CD/DVD) hardware
5. Physically changed the SSD “hard drive” to a new SATA hard drive
6. Cleared the CMOS Setting by moving the jumper pins and restarting the computer
7. updated the BIOS (successfully) from a USB.
Each time I start the computer I still get:
Boot Mgr is missing!
Is this perhaps a problem that the SSD was reformatted with another window machine?
Can anyone please help?
Where is this Boot MGR located?????