Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I want a new phone, any suggestions?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Buzzie

Buzzie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:18 PM

Hi everyone.

I've been using my iPhone for 4 years now. It's really slow and I don't even want to talk about it's battery. I think iPhones are overrated and boring. I want a phone that I can style. And not too expensive. One of my friend had this really cool phone. The background was changing depending on the weather. I guess I want something like that. A phone that I can have fun with. So if you have any suggestions, feel free to share them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 964 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:00 AM

Some cellular services offer much less expensive smartphones and allow for some customizations that you might like.  You should be allowed to bring your current cellular phone number into your new service.  You can find some phones less than $100 with Tracfone service.  Check the shelves at retail electronics stores, even some office stores and a few drug stores.

#3 HolyCowz

HolyCowz

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

I use a Nokia 6110 they all laugh but every time no one else has a signal I have 5 bars and my battery goes on for weeks. It's a great phone of you can get hold of one it's not smart but nor is a phone that costs £500 and can't get a signal....

#4 HolyCowz

HolyCowz

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:47 AM

I'd get a cheap phone for a few reasons new phones will cost a bomb and in a few months will be replaced by upgrades or a better phone from another company. Better to buy a reasonable phone that works and use the money you save to buy something you can enjoy. Like a holiday. It's better to not ware the emperors new clothes lol

#5 GustavoWoltmann016

GustavoWoltmann016

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:01 PM

I think you are looking for android device. You can go for Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge.

I am using HTC device. You may also take a look on HTC devices. Hope you will like it.

EqualizerPro Best Music Equalizer for Windows 7/8/10

#6 scurvychef

scurvychef

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:17 PM

Really like my LG V20

#7 GustavoWoltmann016

GustavoWoltmann016

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

I think you have already brought a phone. If you haven't yet then Samsung Galaxy S8 is a good option. I am also thinking about having Samsung Galaxy S8.

EqualizerPro Best Music Equalizer for Windows 7/8/10

#8 Off_the_deep_end

Off_the_deep_end

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:27 PM

I just replaced my LG G3 with the new LG G6. Both are great phones. You can find a G3 used online for not to much money. The G6 has one of the best 8f not thee best camera out there. My son has the iPhone 6S and after seeing my new phone he is thinking about going back over to an android based phone. He says the iPhones are overrated.

#9 Tech_Geeker

Tech_Geeker

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:42 AM

I just replaced my LG G3 with the new LG G6. Both are great phones. You can find a G3 used online for not to much money. The G6 has one of the best 8f not thee best camera out there. My son has the iPhone 6S and after seeing my new phone he is thinking about going back over to an android based phone. He says the iPhones are overrated.

Well loving my old G5 even though we could say it as the failure product. My friend keep saying that it might be cool to have a modular phone, but its actually not better than any normal smartphone. There are not too many modules, so i might need to sell it and buy S8.

#10 lefthedef1979

lefthedef1979

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:37 PM

A good choice is this one OnePlus 5

or this

Xiaomi Mi MIX 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users