Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Melware that cant be found?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 AlexNunya

AlexNunya

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:38 PM

Hey there guy's i wanted to know if i could get some help defending my pc against some melware i dont know how or when it got in but its not making changes or anything possible just trying to give me ad's but still i want to remove it as its made countless numbers off attempts already and my AV and other cleaning programs have not seem to find anything.
I beleive they go under b.scorecardresearch and MixPanel.

HELP KINDLY APPRECIATED!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,668 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:40 AM

Hello AlexNunya and welcome to BleepingComputer.

This is not a case of malware. Those mentioned are "marketing trackers" or third-party cookies that may have been downloaded with some free software.

You could go to ScorecardResearch's website and "opt out". Look under the "cookies" section; there's a link at the end.

Satchfan

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#3 AlexNunya

AlexNunya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:14 AM

Having trouble's accesing that page, getting no data showing up on the screen.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   17.69KB   0 downloads

#4 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,668 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:17 AM

Try using a different browser: I've just accessed it through IE and FF, (don't use Chrome).

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#5 AlexNunya

AlexNunya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:23 AM

Ok ive managed to get to the site and opt out, but i think im still getting cookies from them.

#6 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,668 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:30 AM

The best bet would be to clear cookies when you close the browser.

#7 AlexNunya

AlexNunya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:36 AM

Should i do this on both my brower's, on chrome im opt'ing out, then clearing my cookies from beggining of time then closing chrome re-opening and still getting the attempt's.

Might i add that only somewebsites i get attempt's on, like this website there are no attempts as to others i get over 100

Edited by AlexNunya, 19 August 2016 - 04:37 AM.

#8 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,668 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:51 AM

I know nothing about Chrome, (apart from disliking everything about it), so I'm not much help there.

Let’s have a look and see if there’s anything more sininster. If there’s nothing, I’ll give a link to another of our forums where those more clued up about problems related to browsers will be able to help.

Download and run AdwCleaner

Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.

• run AdwCleaner by clicking on Scan
  • when it has finished, leave everything that was found checked, (ticked), then click on Clean
  • if it asks to reboot, allow the reboot
  • on reboot a log will be produced; please attach the content of the log to your next reply.

===================================================

Download and run Junkware Removal Tool

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

• shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator"
  • the tool will open and start scanning your system
  • please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications
  • on completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open
  • post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • press Scan button
  • it will produce a log called Frst.txt in the same directory the tool is run from
  • please copy and paste log back here.
  • the first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the Frst.txt into your reply.

================================================

Logs to include with next post:

AdwCleaner log
JRT.txt
Frst.txt
Addition.txt

Thanks

Satchfan

#9 AlexNunya

AlexNunya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:10 AM

Thank's for helping me out here are the logs.

Attached Files

#10 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,668 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:32 AM

There's not much showing there but I do notice that you've tried running a LOT of tools on this PC.

Also P2P - I see you have P2P software, (uTorrent ), installed on your machine.

We are not here to pass judgment on file-sharing as a concept but we will warn you that engaging in this activity will always make your computer very susceptible to infection and re-infection.

If your computer is infected, it almost certainly contributed to your current situation.

Please note: Even if you are using a "safe" P2P program, it is only the program that is safe. You will be sharing files from uncertified sources, and these are more often than not, infected. Those who write malware use P2P file-sharing as a major vehicle to spread their wares.

Please see this topic for more information:

P2P File Sharing Risks.

I would strongly recommend that you uninstall it now. You can do so via Control Panel, Programs, and then Programs and Features.

Should you decide to keep it, please don’t use it until we have finished up here.

Download zoek.exe to your Desktop:

Important: Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware programs, so they do not interfere with the running of Zoek.exe. You can find instructions how to disable your security applications here.

• For Windows Vista, 7/8/10, right-click Zoek.exe and select: Run as Administrator
  • next, copy/paste the entire script inside the codebox below to the input field of Zoek:
    createsrpoint;
    autoclean;
    emptyclsid;
    FFdefaults;
    iedefaults;
    CHRdefaults;
    emptyalltemp;
    emptyfolderscheck;delete
    ipconfig /flushdns;b

• close any open programs
  • click the Run script button (please be patient - it takes a few minutes to run).

When the tool finishes, the log will open in Notepad.

Note: If a reboot is needed, the log is opened after the reboot.

Please post zoek-results.log in your next reply and let me know if there is any change.

#11 AlexNunya

AlexNunya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

zoek result's are :

Attached Files

#12 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,668 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:47 AM

I think your best bet is to start a topic in the forum where people deal more with this kind of issue as I'm not experienced enough in this area.

Go here and start a new topic - hopefully you'll find the solution.

Let me know if that's OK and I'll close this topic.

Satchfan

#13 AlexNunya

AlexNunya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:40 PM

Sure you can close the topic but is it possible for me to be able to link this thread so i dont have to re-due some thing's?

Also removed uTorrent as i was unaware of exactly what kind of threats i could potentially invite and no longer plan to use such programs.

Edited by AlexNunya, 19 August 2016 - 09:48 PM.

#14 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,668 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:29 AM

Yes, do post a link to this thread in your new topic and the helpers will see what scans you have run.

Good move re uTorrent: it is a certain way to end up with a very infected computer, some of the infections causing irreversable damage.

Good luck.

Regards

Satchfan

#15 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,668 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:29 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users