Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anniversary update?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Willabong

Willabong

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:12 PM

I noticed when I was being helped to fix a major problem with my desktop PC, that my laptop (which I was using to post) was offered the Anniversary update which I readily accepted (I have no phobias about Microsoft trying to steal my soul!). The update took a while, but was successful with no apparent problems.

I was wondering why my desktop PC hasn't received this offer yet? And is there a way to force the update, or do I have to wait?

Edited by Willabong, 18 August 2016 - 01:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:25 PM

You can download Windows 10 Anniversary Update from below link.

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12387/windows-10-update-history?ocid=update_setting_client

Posted Image

#3 Willabong

Willabong
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:38 PM

Thanks again FreeBooter! :thumbup2:

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:49 PM

To elaborate on what FreeBooter said, there is no rhyme or reason to how this update has been issued. I got it over two weeks ago and people have been getting it here and there ever since, there does not seem to be a pattern.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:49 PM

You are very welcome!

Posted Image

#6 Willabong

Willabong
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:10 AM

Just to let you know: The Anniversary update installed perfectly with no issues that I can find on my laptop and on my desktop PC.  Thanks again for your help!

#7 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:57 PM

According to Andre da Costa, an MVP on the answers.microsoft.com forums, the Anniversary Update was first rolled out to PCs with UEFI, TPM, and Windows Hello.  Last week I saw where MS has now added mobile devices, meaning tablets and smart phones running Windows 10.  Andre said it'll be "at least a couple of months" before everyone has it.  But as FreeBooter says, anyone with Windows 10 can go ahead and download & install it at any time.  I did that on 8/2, and it's worked just fine for me.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users