Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can connect to WiFi on phone but not laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sirdarrenc

Sirdarrenc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:32 PM

Hi,

My Internet suddenly stopped working on my laptop. I can connect fine on my phone, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the router. Nonetheless I've tried restarting the router but it didn't help (I've restarted my laptop too).

The windows troubleshooter said I'm connected fine and there's no problems, but I still can't access any Web pages. The icon on the task bar seems to be a monitor with a square in the top left corner rather than the usual connection bars.

I'm not on flight mode and there doesn't seem to be any physical switches on my laptop. I'm using Windows 10 and my Internet hasn't been working for around 24 hours now.

Hopefully someone is able to help me :)

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 August 2016 - 12:49 PM.
moved from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications to Networking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DefaultGateway

DefaultGateway

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:41 PM

Press the "Windows Button" and "R" simultaneously.

Typ in cmd

A new window will open.

Typ in cd Desktop

Then typ in ipconfig /all > ipconfig.txt

Go to your Desktop and open the file "ipconfig.txt".

Copy and paste the content of that file here.

1. You may wish to omit the "Host Name" part, because of your privacy!! (in case your hostname includes real names of you or someone else)

2. If you do already have a file called "ipconfig.txt" on the Desktop, then you may wish to move that file somewhere else, otherwise it is being replaced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users