Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video TDR failure started w Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RbtCmpt

RbtCmpt

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:03 PM

When the machine restarts, this is a message I get - "Video TDR failure..."
"Display driver stopped".

I got this computer a few years ago with Windows Vista on it. I upgraded to Windows 7 Pro, and then Microsoft was 'nice' enough to install Windows 10 Pro without me even asking for it...Isn't that special!

This didn't happen until Windows 10.

I ended up running the Intel Driver Update Utility; it came up with a "generic" driver update. When I clicked Install, it appeared to be installing, and then "Failure". Unknown error.

HP doesn't have any drivers for this machine.

Would this benefit from a standalone graphics card?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:10 PM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

To keep a record of your system profile at any given time, you can publish to the Web using Speccy. Speccy uses Piriform's servers to publish the profile without any identifying information. Each profile is given a unique URL. For an example, see:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/nGmV1yekiTFbWJJ1oggVwcV

The last part of each URL is randomized, so only people you provide with the URL will be able to find your profile.

Note: Each time you start Speccy, it will generate a new randomized URL. This is useful if you want to track your computer's information over time.
To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:
  • In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  • In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  • Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.
  • In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Edited by FreeBooter, 18 August 2016 - 01:20 PM.

Posted Image

#3 RbtCmpt

RbtCmpt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:37 PM

Sorry, I'm not downloading anything.

Whatever specs might help, I can put them here

0 user(s) are reading this topic