Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quicktimecheck Scriptable Object

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 swas

swas

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:52 PM

Hi everyone, for some odd reason now whenever I go to a webpage i get the option bar at the top of internet explorer that says :quicktimecheck scriptable object from apple computer (unverified publisher). It comes up on whatever website I visit. I haven't allowed it yet, just wondering if anyone had seen this, and knows what it is??

thanks

swas
How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:13 PM

Found on the web:

've located the source of the problem which is the Google Adsense ad at the top of the page: http://forum.lowyat.net/googlead.php and has nothing to do with the forum itself. Some other sites with Adsense ads also show similar behaviour with IE7 Beta 3.

Apparently there has been a recent security bug fix which caused Adsense ads to be blocked or it could just be a change in IE7's default security settings to disallow certain Javascript from being loaded. I've no idea why it's Quicktime though as there are no traces of Quicktime being embedded.

Seems to be related to IE7--is that what you are using?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 swas

swas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:27 PM

Hi buddy215, thanks for the reply. I am using IE7b3. It's an activex control that keeps wanting to be installed. It doesn't seem to matter what website i go to it still keeps asking to be installed. All adware scans come up clean. Maybe this is why IE7 is still beta?? LOL

thanks
swas

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:21 PM

I wonder what would happen if you installed it on your comp. Whatever it is or does, there are download sites for it. Like your Avatar, by the way.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 swas

swas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:31 PM

I have no idea what would happen. I guess thats why i haven't downloaded it. I'll assume you don't like my avatar with your last comment, but hey no problem

Edited by swas, 16 August 2006 - 04:32 PM.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:55 PM

I don't know how you get that idea. I recognized the satire and got a good chuckle out of it.

#7 swas

swas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:39 PM

I apologize for my interpretation then. Anyway thanks for the responses and let me know if you happen to come by any data on my problem.

thanks
swas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users