Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help I've Been Invaded With A Few Viruses

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MsMarlena

MsMarlena

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:39 PM

yesterday i found myself trouble with 2641 coruptted files. my children had been playing on the computer. I Have non stop pop ups and commands going off.

I then followed a thread in the hijack topic and downloaded brute Force controller and followed those steps. then I downloaded the Ewido program that was recommended and ran a scan with that. Although i do have computer skills viruses are beyond my scope.

I have however searched the file name that came up and it said it was sidekicker 3. i have tried several virus scans including AVG and P.c. Cillin and now Ewido. (My Husband last night Put norton anti virus on the system and it didn't work either)

i have 5 drives on my computer. my operating system is the only thing on this drive. I am running Windows 2000 and yet to find a firewall that i like. I run AVG as my primary Virus scan and PC cillin when something goes wrong.

So I guess i was wondering if someone could tell me what to do next?

Thanks In advance,

Marlena

Edited by MsMarlena, 16 August 2006 - 01:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:52 PM

Hello MsMarlena

I'm not sure what thread you followed in the Hijackthis forum but you have to be very careful when attempting to use some of the tools recommended by experts for others. Many of them are specific fix tools intended for that particular victim who is getting individual help.

We have a self-help section for removing common malware.

Please see the self-help tutorial How To Remove Surfsidekick 2 Or 3 .

If you are still having problems afterwards you may need to post a HijackThis log and get expert assistance. Instructions for posting a log are included in the tutorial.

If you do not feel comfortable following this guide, then please read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log". When you have done that, post a log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, not here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. Please include the top portion of the HijackThis log that lists version information. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 MsMarlena

MsMarlena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:44 PM

alright so did all that stuff.. but still no results i have my hijack log so i'll post it in thehijack thread .. please take a look at it.

Thanks In Advance,

Marlena

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:05 PM

Whether you find a resident firewall you do like or not, it would be a sound idea to make sure you have one enabled immediately; a firewall is one of the primary defences against malware.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users