Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Slow After AT&T Technician Visit

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jtexan

jtexan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:41 PM

This morning I noticed that I could not connect to my DSL internet and noticed that there was a red blinking light on the modem. I called AT&T and they had to send out a technician. It turns out that the problem was not my modem, but something on their end. Anyway, the problem got resolved and I was able to get back on line, but now my computer is running very slow and pages are not loading. For example, if I go to Youtube the thumbnails that show the image of video will not appear. It's the same with Yahoo homepage, the thumbnails next to the news stories will not load. The ads on the far right of the Yahoo homepage will not load either. This has never happened before. Is this AT&T's fault or did my computer just happen to break down the same day a technician came out? What could have happened? By the way, I'm using Firefox. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:23 PM

Exactly what was the hardware and software troubleshooting done by you and the technician on your computer, on your DSL modem/router?  From what all was done during the visit, perhaps, a solution set will make itself manifest.  BTW, was a recent OS partition backup made before all of this happened?

Edited by RolandJS, 17 August 2016 - 09:24 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 Voidz

Voidz

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:46 AM

Hello! 

Some of the problems you listed such as thumbnails not showing up on youtube videos, ads not loading etc, can point to bad internet connection.

Try to reset your router, or if you're using wifi, try using an ethernet cable and then see if the problem persists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users