Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best & Easiest Remote Access Software

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ep2002

ep2002

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:00 PM

Hi,

So I'm not looking for remote software to access other people's computers like Teamviewer which is what I use for people to come onto my computer, but software I can use to access my own computer when I'm outside of my house. 

I want to make sure it's secure & easy to use, as I'm not a Geek.

Someone recommended UltraVNC, but said it takes some time to set up.

What are your suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 29 August 2016 - 03:18 PM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

Comodo Unite is pretty easy and straight forward as far as free private VPN's go. (in the easy category)

There's plenty of documentation and videos on how to use it online as well.

#3 corradettikean

corradettikean

• Banned Spammer
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:16 AM

I suggest you to Download Microsoft Remote Desktop assistant. [/b] why it is? bcz it donest need any configuration just add your login detail an connect with your object computer. I have experience with Microsoft Remote Desktop assistant it gave a awesome result in display and remotely control but i am not sure if everybody can configure it. If you are expert then simply try with TeamViwer.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 07 September 2016 - 07:54 PM.
deleted spam link

#4 ep2002

ep2002
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:09 PM

Comodo Unite is pretty easy and straight forward as far as free private VPN's go. (in the easy category)

There's plenty of documentation and videos on how to use it online as well.

VPN? I never asked for a VPN LOL

I suggest you to Download Microsoft Remote Desktop assistant. why it is? bcz it donest need any configuration just add your login detail an connect with your object computer. I have experience with Microsoft Remote Desktop assistant it gave a awesome result in display and remotely control but i am not sure if everybody can configure it. If you are expert then simply try with TeamViwer.

You clearly didn't understand what I said :(

Edited by Queen-Evie, 07 September 2016 - 07:55 PM.
deleted spam link in quote

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:40 PM

Actually you did ask for a type of VPN, you just don't understand the technology/terminology. Whether you are connecting to a remote server to access the internet or are connecting to your home computer from outside, the premise is exactly the same.

There are solutions that aren't VPN's also (like VNC and other RDP products), but these are generally insecure or require user interaction to connect.

Look at the software I linked you, maybe Google a little on it to see what it does.

:wink:

Edited by TsVk!, 18 August 2016 - 05:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users