Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck on "starting windows" and then "please wait" Clean install of Windows 7!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a Lenovo laptop that originally had Windows 7 Home Premium. there was 289 updates two weeks ago, I made sure that they were all installed before shutting it down, but somehow the laptop magically downloaded and installed more while the computer was off for two weeks. I turn it on and get a "configuring Windows Updates" and then it automatically restarts, upon restart, it gets stuck on the Windows logos screen "starting Windows" for 20 minutes and now it has been stuck on the "Please wait..." screen for four hours! I hard shut it down, it get suck again same on Windows logo and same "please wait", hard shut down, choose safe mode, and the same thing happens yet again! I cannot get into the computer whatsoever and the machine was running PERFECTLY two weeks ago! It was flawless two weeks ago and now it won't get past the startup screen!

Please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 948 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:23 AM

Try taking out the laptop battery and unplugging the power lead.

Press and hold the power button in for 20 seconds or so.

Plug the power lead back in and turn on machine.

If all is well then put the battery back in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users