Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Border

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Black Mage

Black Mage

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:07 PM

i have a pretty thick black border around my screen now, my screen resolutin is 1600x 1200 and it always fit but i woke up over night and now theres a black border

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:13 PM

Did you try any of the adjustments on your monitor?

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:42 PM

Yeah, you might have to turn to the hardware for the problem. Every monitor i've ever seen has buttons on the front or the side that relates to horizontal size, vertical size, horiz. position and vert. position. It also has options dealing with geometry, rotation, color temperature, and misc other properties.

If you have the black border, my suggestion is to stretch the horizontal and vertical sizes. Make the screen as large as you can while still keeping every part of it visible. You may also have to center the image.

Or, some monitors have an "Auto" feature that'll do all the tedious operations for you. I am but so luckY :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users