Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer boots but no display.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SimonBjoern

SimonBjoern

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:22 AM

Hello guys.

I've recently encountered a strange problem when turning on my computer.

When i wake up and i turn on the computer neither my mouse or keyboard lights up, but my computer keeps on going.

When i press the reset button (in some cases after 2-3 times)
My keyboard and mouse lights up and im able to boot in to windows as regulary!

The only new things i've done is updating the BIOS, changed my ram and tried changing the ram back to the one i orignally used.

PC Specs.

e920a842a3bb0fd00890efad082005ce.png

This is my first post guys!
Please be kind :D

Best regards

Simon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 VishIsBoss

VishIsBoss

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:46 PM

Hello guys.

When i wake up and i turn on the computer neither my mouse or keyboard lights up, but my computer keeps on going.

The only new things i've done is updating the BIOS, changed my ram and tried changing the ram back to the one i orignally used.

PC Specs.

Best regards

Simon

Have you checked the back of the monitor or the PC if there are any cables that are a little bit hanging out or loose. Try doing that, another thing that could possibly help is to disconnect every single cable and then re-connect them again. Usually whenever I have any problem with starting my computer and nothing happens, this is usually the first thing I go to before I do anything else.

#3 SimonBjoern

SimonBjoern
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:27 AM

Hello guys.

PC Specs.

Best regards

Simon

Have you checked the back of the monitor or the PC if there are any cables that are a little bit hanging out or loose. Try doing that, another thing that could possibly help is to disconnect every single cable and then re-connect them again. Usually whenever I have any problem with starting my computer and nothing happens, this is usually the first thing I go to before I do anything else.

Well i tried, and god damnnit it worked..
Thanks for the suggestion :D

CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users