Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Files?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BonziBuddy

BonziBuddy

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:09 AM

so i have PostBuild.exe and Setup.exe in  C:\ProgramData\Temp\{B46BEA36-0B71-4A4E-AE41-87241643FA0A} the only really infection on my pc is some adware or something that i removed i did scan this on virscan virustotal and jotti only thing it got a detection on was virscan by some antivirus named fprot the virus was W32/Felix:EX:001!Eldorado so i dont know if those files are a virus and if i should delete them?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:17 PM

When did these files appear?

What did you install around the time that the files appeared?

If uncertain:

If infected, I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 BonziBuddy

BonziBuddy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

&nbsp;

When did these files appear?
What did you install around the time that the files appeared?

If uncertain:

If infected, I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

&nbsp;
i dont know the time and when they came on to my pc

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:06 PM

This files setup files which is store in temporary folder for all users you can delete them but is you want to be sure if files are not malware scan them with VirusTotal is a free virus, malware and URL online scanning service.  You can post scan results URL address for these file at you next post.

Posted Image

#5 BonziBuddy

BonziBuddy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:19 AM

This files setup files which is store in temporary folder for all users you can delete them but is you want to be sure if files are not malware scan them with VirusTotal is a free virus, malware and URL online scanning service.  You can post scan results URL address for these file at you next post.

ive scanned with virustotal jottis and virscan and on virscan some antivirus named fprot said it was W32/Felix:EX:001!Eldorado

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:30 PM

Its only one antivirus named fprot detect this  PostBuild.exe  as  a suspicious file it looks like false positive detection i have a program that was detected as malware by few antivirus program even do its not a virus but for your case i'm not a expert when it comes to malware infection so if you are worried for malware infection you can ask malware removal experts for malware infection checkup read the  Am I Infected? What do I do? How do I get help? Who is helping me? thread.

Edited by FreeBooter, 21 August 2016 - 09:32 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users