Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows10

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ustazhussein

ustazhussein

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:28 AM

i performed the updates of my laptop with windows 10 but , there after i dont see any file or mydocuments..

what can i do to get my files back??

Edited by hamluis, 17 August 2016 - 10:14 AM.
Moved from Networking to W10 Support - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:00 AM

Windows 10 has a different start menu. See here to customize it.

#3 ustazhussein

ustazhussein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:07 AM

i have done that several times but still i cannot get my flies and even if i go to local disk C ..users accounts, when i open my account also stiil cannot acces myfiles.

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:42 PM

Oh, I thought you couldn't find the shortcut to "My Documents", not that you were missing actual files. Are you missing all your user files like programs and music or just some? Did you do a clean install of Windows 10 or a upgrade? If upgrade, check if your signed in with a temporary(guest) account. See here for instructions. According to those instructions, a reboot and login with previous OS (Win7?) user login and password should allow you to see your files. 

#5 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:09 AM

This is why I make full system backups to an external hard drive.  I can recover from any form of corrupt or lost files in under an hour that way.  The ounce of prevention sure beats the painful pound of cure!

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#6 ustazhussein

ustazhussein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:45 PM

hello, i just want to say thanks for all support that you have given to me, course they were helpful.

GOOD LUCK

#7 AlbertBarkley

AlbertBarkley

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:50 AM

BTW personally I don't like to update windows. As I believe that Windows 10 is already the latest technology so, why updating it? Updates always slow down my laptop. :(

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 24 August 2016 - 05:51 PM.
Link removed

#8 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:30 AM

hello, i just want to say thanks for all support that you have given to me, course they were helpful.

GOOD LUCK

So you have all of your files back? How did you find them?

BTW personally I don't like to update windows. As I believe that Windows 10 is already the latest technology so, why updating it? Updates always slow down my laptop. :(

So you do a clean install from scratch for every update?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#9 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:12 PM

A lot of the updates are for security.  When someone finds a security hole, MS comes up with a fix.  Not installing the fixes exposes you to hackers.  The updates also fix bugs that could affect you in the future.  Sometimes they even add new features like the recent Anniversary Update did.  If you're smart, you'll install them.  By the way, I've never had them slow ANY of my systems down.  I've installed Windows 10 on 32 computers, and updated them with all the fixes without any noticeable slowdowns on any of them.  I've got a range of systems from a 6 year old HP desktop to an 8 month old Dell Inspiron laptop.  Do you do without a spare tire, insurance, smoke detector, and fire extinguisher too?

Edited by Niweg, 24 August 2016 - 12:13 PM.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#10 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:25 PM

A lot of the updates are for security.  When someone finds a security hole, MS comes up with a fix.  Not installing the fixes exposes you to hackers.  The updates also fix bugs that could affect you in the future.  Sometimes they even add new features like the recent Anniversary Update did.  If you're smart, you'll install them.  By the way, I've never had them slow ANY of my systems down.  I've installed Windows 10 on 32 computers, and updated them with all the fixes without any noticeable slowdowns on any of them.  I've got a range of systems from a 6 year old HP desktop to an 8 month old Dell Inspiron laptop.  Do you do without a spare tire, insurance, smoke detector, and fire extinguisher too?

My experience mirrors Niweg's except my Windows 10 count is only at about 22 computers. There are often 2 or 3 or more updates a day, and I install all of them. But what I was wondering is because Albert Barkley does not update his computer, how does he keep it safe from zero day exploits. I can see him doing a clean install maybe once a month, but that leaves him with 30 days a month without protection.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#11 ustazhussein

ustazhussein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:19 PM

hello,

#12 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:30 PM

Howdy man!!!

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#13 ustazhussein

ustazhussein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:45 AM

hello

am interested with programming ..which language is the best so that i can start my reading????

#14 ustazhussein

ustazhussein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:52 AM

hello, what is the best book for phpmydmin,programming??

#15 ustazhussein

ustazhussein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:33 AM

hi to all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users