Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Seagate HDD Folder shows 0kb

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mbotse

mbotse

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:30 AM

My Seagate external HDD is showing the size of my movie folder as 0 kb and yet I know that there are files inside the folder. Problem started when I used the HDD on an LG 3D TV. The folder was at first visible but empty, and then when I connected the HDD to my laptop, the folder had disappeared and in its place was that file which is 0 kb in size. Please help me on how I can get the files to show and retrieve all the information inside that file...Attached File  0kb.png   36.32KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

Before you start trying to fix this you should make a backup.  This may be a sign that the drive is failing.

I'd recommend scanning the disk for errors as the first step.

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:50 AM

Before you start trying to fix this you should make a backup.  This may be a sign that the drive is failing.

I'd recommend scanning the disk for errors as the first step.

Open Command Prompt as a administrator by pressing  Win + X, and then press A letter key.

Run below command from Command Prompt that is open as administrator.

Chkdsk  X:  /r /x

Replace the  X: drive letter with Seagate external HDD assigned drive letter.

I must warn you if any file damage and is not recoverable Chkdsk cannot help recover files. The checking for errors on HDD with /r parameter may take long as 30 minutes even day it depends on storage size of the HDD and amount of files store on HDD speed of the HDD also can affect how long it will take to finish error checking.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users