Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PC Boots Into Black Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xdecora

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:11 PM

Well as the title says when I boot my computer it starts to boot into windows 10 and then goes into a black screen, my mouse is also on the screen and it can move, I let it sit for a while but to no prevail.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gregasorous

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:41 PM

I have the same problem on a HP laptop windows 8.1. Black screen can move mouse and that's it. This happened just after I updated Topaz Glow 2 and then an update for an Nividia driver came through the Gefoce  experience and updated and then the bad pool caller came up on screen. My PC rebooted and went to a black screen and that's it now I'm stuck. Please someone help!

#3 usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,084 posts
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:08 PM

OK, here's the deal with black screens - they are absolutely horrid to attempt to fix.

And most of them end up not being fixed - even after weeks of trying everything under the sun.

At work (a PC shop) we try System Restore to a point before the problem was happening.

If this doesn't fix it (or there aren't any System Restore points), then we backup the data, wipe the system, and reinstall Windows "clean"

If you wish to try and fix it, there are litterally hundreds of suggestions on the web.

Feel free to search for "black screen" or "fix black screen" with your favorite search engine.

Edited by usasma, 17 August 2016 - 07:09 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users