I just spilled beer on my APC surge protector. Connected was my router, and other PC components. I powered it off immediately, and didn't notice anything askew - no sparks or noises that grabbed my attention prior to powering it off. I'm just going to replace the unit to be safe.
However, I'm concerned about the devices that were plugged into it. They seem to be working just fine on another, but to be honest I don't know how a surge protector acts when beer is spilled onto it. Does it turn off to save the devices attached to it? Does it malfunction and subtly fry the devices on it?
In such an instance, would the surge protector actually be protective for all the items plugged into it?
Thanks for your time
Edited by Platypus, 16 August 2016 - 07:59 PM.
Removed formatting and advertizing hyperlinks inherited from another website