Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

free photo editor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 pops1

pops1

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:29 PM

I am looking for a free photo editing program like Picaso or old Kodak systems.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Daydreamed

Daydreamed

• Members
  • 349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:45 PM

Hello,

A site that I've used for online editing (assuming that's fine) is Pixlr.

The two options they have are:

• Editor

• Express

The editor is similar to Adobe's Photoshop.

The express is typically used to adjust colors and apply effects, as well adding borders and adding text.

- Daydreamed

#3 Unicycle43

Unicycle43

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:37 PM

If you are going to be editing a lot of images I would recommend GIMP, I use it all the time and can do a lot of things Photoshop can but GIMP is free to use. Another program would be paint.net although I rarely use it. If you want an online one like Daydreamed mentioned then one I use very occasionally(used to more often) is picmonkey.com however it does have some paid features, but plenty of free ones too.

#4 davlaw

davlaw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:10 AM

Been looking for somthing to remove telegraph poles from pic GIMP did it in mins thanks for the lead

#5 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:48 PM

Another good free software is paint.net. It's pretty powerful and easy to learn.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#6 abdulquan

abdulquan

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:30 AM

My vote for Pixlr. it is best photo editing application in a simple way and quick result. 

#7 Webdeveloper

Webdeveloper

• Banned Spammer
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:03 AM

Gimp and Pint.net are very good software for Photo editing. GIMP and Paint.Net are both used for basic and advanced photo editing. But Gimp offer more feature and file formats as compared to Pain.net. With Gimp, you can also use raw editing feature like Compression, Exposure, Interpolation, Temperature and White Balancing. Paint.net  only support Windows Operating System. Paint.net can be used to format the files in BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF. But it is faster as compared to gimp.

Since gimp offer more features, sometimes it crash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users