Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with most photo edit programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oldmaven

oldmaven

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:41 AM

I just switched over to Windows 10, and am now having problems with several photo programs.  Most are very slow to load, and prone to crash (more on that shortly), and, what's worse, they display badly screwed up versions of the images.  In the attached files, the IrfanView thumbnails shows the files as they should appear, while AfterShot Pro 3 and Photoshop Elements 13 show the problem.

Sorry, can't figure out how to attach my screenshots.  What I'm getting is wild colors, with the images divided into right and left halves that don't match.

Edited by oldmaven, 16 August 2016 - 11:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Unicycle43

Unicycle43

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:25 PM

I do not know how to fix this however there may be ways around it, if your editing programs run on windows xp there is a free xp compatibility program here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8002

If you must have windows 7 then you can get other virtual machine software however you will then have to pay around $90 for a windows 7 code

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users