Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web pages slow loading or without images or not at all on fast PC??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sodicka320

sodicka320

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

Hi 

I have a 1 year old desktop i5 , GTX960 , SSD ,win10 generally runs very well.

Was ok initially but for last couple months web pages are slow loading , without images or not at all.

Sometimes killing browser and reopening loads page instantly but gradually this works less often.

Started noticing it mainly on BBC weather site which has quite a lot of media on it but now can sometimes be any site .

All browsers are the same (Edge is a little better after recent update )

Have updated , virus checked , malware bytes checked , wiped cookies and history , tried wireless and ethernet connection  speedtest 20/40 mb

Going to try taking pc into work tomorrow to try on modem there as last measure.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as very annoying when games , office , cad all work very well and cant load a simple web page :(

Could hardware fault  cause this ?  

Cheers :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:37 AM

Things you can try:

Reset your modem and router.

Use a different DNS, such as Google DNS 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

Did you install any software in your browser such as No Script or some other script blocking add on?

#3 sodicka320

sodicka320
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for reply Kilroy,

I have tried resetting modem and router but haven't tried using a different DNS..

All pretty much standard browser settings but will check script stuff.

#4 sodicka320

sodicka320
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:30 AM

Hi

I am at work with home pc plugged in to router and running perfectly again so kinda rules out pc hardware settings i assume and points at ISP and new router required or something there end !!

will let you know how i get on .. :)

Cheers :thumbsup2:

#5 sodicka320

sodicka320
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

Hi

Phoned plusnet and told them all i had tried and was told that we were down to have  a network change for our area by bt openreach in a couple weeks time , which might help but got them to send new combined fibre router modem HH5 anyway. I have just connected up and internet is now running a treat again !! :bananas:

Hopefully this remains like this after BT have messed around with network.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users