Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Who is buying

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ram-girl

Ram-girl

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:30 AM

Who is considering purchasing the new MBP / MB when it drops later this year?

Personally I am considering getting a new one instead of my old MBP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:10 PM

Not I. I just bought a refurbished 13 inch MBP last year. It should last me for the next 4 or 5 years.

#3 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:48 PM

Uh oh. When is it scheduled to be released? My sister may have just bought a MBA.

#4 kylehaswestnile

kylehaswestnile

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:11 PM

Not I. I just bought a refurbished 13 inch MBP last year. It should last me for the next 4 or 5 years.

Exact model I have and i dont plan on upgrading anytime soon. 

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:10 PM

Uh oh. When is it scheduled to be released? My sister may have just bought a MBA.

Unknown. Apple has not updated the MacBook Pro since more than a year ago (and that was basically just a processor and graphics "bump" for the 15"...13" was even longer ago). So, it is certainly reasonable to expect that Apple will release a new MacBook Pro sometime this year, but that does not mean that they will.

Frankly, Apple is really due for updates to basically their entire Mac line up with the possible exception of the MacBook. They are way past their typical update cycle for the entire line up except for the MacBook.

So, unless Apple is basically deciding to dramatically pull back from the Mac market, it is reasonable to expect some updates for everything this Fall.

#6 awesomeoverload

awesomeoverload

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

I'm still thinking about purchasing a Macbook Pro soon because my daughter's friend is selling it with a big discount. Well, maybe, I'll check our budget first if I'll consider it. 

#7 ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:45 PM

Thinking about purchasing a Macbook Pro for my wife in a few months to replace her Toshiba laptop Win 7 that's about 6 years old.

About 5 months ago I bought a new Late 2015 5K 27" Mac, 4GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, El Capitan, 10.11.6. I'll also be adding another 16GB of RAM to it in a few months. This is my first Apple computer and I love it! :)  I ran Windows all my life.

 Late 2015 5K 27" Mac, 4GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, macOS High Sierra, 10.13.6 
iMac Clone and Backup with SuperDuperTime Machine & iCloud
How much do you know about distracted driving? W82TXT 
clear.pngWhen Driving: "Get Your Head Out Of Your Apps." clear.png

#8 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:56 AM

Thinking about purchasing a Macbook Pro for my wife in a few months to replace her Toshiba laptop Win 7 that's about 6 years old.

Unless you really need it "right away" (in a few moths), I would wait until Apple updates the MacBook Pro. It is way past due for an update, so it is expected that they should be updated sometime before the end of the year or maybe early next year.

And as you are likely aware, Retina MacBook Pros DO NOT have upgradable RAM, so make sure you pick how much RAM you really want when you buy it. This used to also be true of the SSD, but now that Other World Computing sells aftermarket SSDs that will work with current rMBPs (unsure if this will be true of a future updated rMBP), you don't need to pick the SSD size that you might want/need in the future...just what you need now.

#9 ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:39 PM

Unless you really need it "right away" (in a few moths), I would wait until Apple updates the MacBook Pro. It is way past due for an update, so it is expected that they should be updated sometime before the end of the year or maybe early next year.

And as you are likely aware, Retina MacBook Pros DO NOT have upgradable RAM, so make sure you pick how much RAM you really want when you buy it. This used to also be true of the SSD, but now that Other World Computing sells aftermarket SSDs that will work with current rMBPs (unsure if this will be true of a future updated rMBP), you don't need to pick the SSD size that you might want/need in the future...just what you need now.

Yeah, I'll wait until next year to see what Apple comes out with. Thanks for the information. :)

 Late 2015 5K 27" Mac, 4GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, macOS High Sierra, 10.13.6 
iMac Clone and Backup with SuperDuperTime Machine & iCloud
How much do you know about distracted driving? W82TXT 
clear.pngWhen Driving: "Get Your Head Out Of Your Apps." clear.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users