Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help ! I need to move my email folders ...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kez8

Kez8

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:16 AM

Hi folks,  I'm hoping someone can give me a really~Easy, Peezy, simple step process, ..Yep, one of them slow wits :rolleyes:

to enable me to move my folders from my present email provider service   Inbox.com , to any other free email service provider (  the easiest one to move my folders to, the better !  ) as Inbox.com is closing down their free subscription in September

Many thanx, in anticipation  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

Where are your emails now for Inbox.com? Do you go to their website to check their mail or use a program like Outlook? If Outlook, do you know if you are using POP or IMAP? If you want to know how to tell, reply with what email program you use and I can include steps on how to check. One easy way to tell is if you delete a email from one device(PC), and it automatically deletes from another device (cell phone) then you are using IMAP.

Also, did you have any criteria on who you want as your new email provider? If Gmail is OK, you should find most of your answers here but I can give specifics once I know more about what you have now.

#3 Kez8

Kez8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

Where are your emails now for Inbox.com? Do you go to their website to check their mail or use a program like Outlook? If Outlook, do you know if you are using POP or IMAP? If you want to know how to tell, reply with what email program you use and I can include steps on how to check. One easy way to tell is if you delete a email from one device(PC), and it automatically deletes from another device (cell phone) then you are using IMAP.

Also, did you have any criteria on who you want as your new email provider? If Gmail is OK, you should find most of your answers here but I can give specifics once I know more about what you have now.

Hi, Trikein,  I only just found your reply, it came through to my Gmail, which I don't often use... thought replies would come through on my AOL email ...oh well ..

I managed to tansfer my emails from my Inbox provider to Gmail account...  However, I would like to transfer my folders to another free email account.

Could you recommend a good free email provider I could use, that I could easily transfer my folders to  ?   Could they be transfered to my AOL ?

#4 Kez8

Kez8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:35 PM

P.S .... time is running out with my Inbox provider... not sure if I will get "Locked out "  once they alter their service to paid ... early September ,,,

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:47 PM

You did not answer some of Trikein's questions. I have them repeated below.

If you use an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird to access your Inbox.com account and access it by way of POP3, then you will not lose any of your folders are those message should be stored locally on your computer. As long as your do not fully delete that account from the email account, but rather just disable the account (i.e. prevent it from check for new mail), then those message will go no where.

If you are using an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird to access your Inbox.com account and access it by way of POP3, then you can just copy those folders either over to local only folders (how might very depending on the email client) or over to another IMAP email account. In the case of the later, no new account is needed. In the case of the former, the emails will then be uploaded to the servers of that new IMAP account while also remaining on your computer (as long as you do not delete them).

As to free email services, find one that you like. Your current Gmail account will certainly do the trick. Or you can go with something else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users