Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus is Mature, request OS DVD after login, says OS NOT Genuine, says Safemode

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nlb90805

nlb90805

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:04 PM

I'm going to keep this post as short as possible. And I'm asking for no combining this post with my other 1. Longer single postings get far less attention and responses.

OK I'm at the point where this. Virus has blocked me out of my desktops. I'm unable to logon to my Administrator account and my Administrator(s) group account In normal mode and Safemode too.

I can actually Login and the OS will take my credentials but when the desktop starts loading up a Window with two Red X's on it stating to load in the OS DVD with only an Exit X on the top right and cancel button. The wallpaper even When the system turns on Normally says it's in Safemode and the copy of Vista is not Genuine.

Yesterday I tried using an old WinPE disk from my IBM days. When I try to navigate with the CLI it returns an Access is Deniend but I can use all sorts of various commands and the WinPE distro will list the Hard drive, the Partitions and a whole load of other OS crap using the cmd.exe commands on the X drive and going further using the WMIC CLI and it's half a billion combo of commands.

I cannot Mount the C Drive at all when I should just use c: or CD C:\ to navigate to the C drive it throws it back at me.

So right now I'm at a standstill. I would prefer to use the WinPE CD to take care of what needs to be done so I can gain access to the c partition.

I was reading yesterday that one had to use one of the commands in cmd.exe to get it to work. But I can't find that damn link today for the life of me. They we're talking about using something that normally would not be used to gain access like the NET command or Gparted. Something that isn't used in the conventional sense.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Please don't mention the stupid HP Recovery utility.

I would rather fix it all by hand and mind to gain the experience.

No more AVG Free ever again even though the first month it comes with the pro version.

I need to use a VPN for an extra layer of security.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 16 August 2016 - 11:34 AM.
moved from Malware Removal Logs to Am I Infected. Required logs for MRL not posted.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users