Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No internet connection after running GridinSoft Anti-Malware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kemist

Kemist

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:48 PM

I have an ASUS notebook computer running Windows 8.1.  I've been having a lot of trouble with malware (tons of pop-ups interfering with internet/browser use), including something called cwu.thunderyswinger.com.  A google search said GridinSoft Anti-malware would take care of the problem.  I installed and ran GridinSoft and it located 51 "bad" files and it recommended deleting some and moving others to quarantine (I don't know what that means).  I told it to go ahead and "fix now" and it went through and did its thing with 25 of the files, then it asked me to pay to register for their service before it would finish "fixing".  I tried to pay, but I got an error message that said "There is no internet connection"   Now, I can't connect to the internet, even though my computer says my wifi is connected.  I get the same message whether I'm using Google Chrome (my main browser) or Explorer.  Obviously, I'm sending this note from another computer. Please help!  I need to get the malware off my computer (suggestions of which anti-malware I should use would be greatly appreciated).  But, first, I need to be able to connect to the internet!  Thanks for any help you can give.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinboro

Grinboro

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:25 AM

Dear Kemist
I am support manager from GridinSoft.

Please accept our humble apology, we apologize for any inconvenience.
We can help solve this problem, please write to our support team: http://support-antimalware.com/open.php

Edited by Grinboro, 17 August 2016 - 03:27 AM.

#3 Creyton

Creyton

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:37 AM

Paid for  Anti malware and Trojan remover September 6.  I received neither receipt nor product codes in spite of numerous requests to Avangate. I'm advising colleagues to avoid this company as fraudulent.

#4 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:40 AM

My opinion for what it is worth:  Stay away from antivirus programs other than Defender.  If you want to use an antimalware program go to malwarebytes.org, and install that.  Many people have all sorts of issues, but Defender in conjunction with Malwarebytes just simply works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users