Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Who is allowed to help in "Am I infected"?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:19 PM

I was curious if there were any unwritten(or written!) rules about who can help in the malware removal forums? I have some experience working as a bridge agent between customers and a payed technical support group (Geeksquad but good) but that was around 5 years ago. I am trying to get my feet wet again but don't want to post and deter other more experienced users from helping the userbase. Thoughts? Advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:32 PM

Pinned topics: Am I Infected? What do I do? How do I get help? Who is helping me? and Instructions for posting advice in Am I Infected Forum Should cover it quite well. If you have any specific questions not addressed by the pinned topics? Please ask them here.

As for the who can help in Am I Infected? As it says in the first pinned topic I linked.

As this is an open area, available for any member to post in, please use caution when following the advice given. Instructions from the following member groups is to be considered trusted:
Admin | Site Admin | Global Moderator | Moderator | Malware Study Hall Admin | Malware Response Instructor | Malware Response Team | BC Advisor

As for the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum. Only trained Malware Removal team members are able to reply to requests for help there. Trained Malware Removal team members are graduates of a Malware Removal course by one of the UNITE schools.

Hope that answers your questions.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Trikein

Trikein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:38 PM

Answers my question and gives me a course to consider. I will be reading up on it tonight. Thanks!

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:39 PM

You're quite welcome on behalf of the BleepingComputer community.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users