Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard died, need a new one

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Addiebuild

Addiebuild

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:03 PM

Greetings! My motherboard, a MSI socket AM3+/AMD 760G/DDR3 died from a PC build i did last year around this time. I got the build off the intrawebs, budget build, turns out the motherboard was not Windows 10compatible. Hangs head in shame.

Anyway I'm hoping to find a motherboard compatible with my current parts but I quickly get over my head in figuring all the specs out. I got a bad feeling that windows 10 and budget build from 2015 are going to be an insurmountable problem.

My current specs are:
Case = Thermaltake Versa H22
Video Card = Sapphire Radeon R9 270 2 GB
Processor = AMD FX-6300 6-core Processor Black Edition
RAM = Crucial Ballistix sport 8 GB (4 GBx2) DDR3 1600
HDD = Seagate 1 TB Desktop HDD SATA 6 GB/s 64 MB cache
CDD = Samsung SATA 1.5
PSU = EVGA 500 W

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:00 PM

Windows 10 is compatible with Windows 7, 8 and Windows 8.1 device drivers.

When you are purchasing a motherboard first think you need to make sure that the motherboard support your current Processor then you move on to next parts you want to connect to this new motherboard like does the motherboard support DDR3 1600 RAM module and so on.

Posted Image

#3 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:00 PM

Greetings! My motherboard, a MSI socket AM3+/AMD 760G/DDR3 died from a PC build i did last year around this time. I got the build off the intrawebs, budget build, turns out the motherboard was not Windows 10compatible. Hangs head in shame.

It most certainly is! This is what I use, and I am on RS2!

Edited by dhjohns, 15 August 2016 - 08:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users