Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NO Graphics Driver Update for ATI Radeon HD 4200

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VishIsBoss

VishIsBoss

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:35 PM

I cannot seem to find any driver update for my graphics card which is the ATI Radeon HD 4200. I did buy this PC in 2010/2011 and I think a possibility could be that my PC is a bit too old and AMD/ATI had removed it because the graphics card wasn't so popular, however I highly doubt that? I have searched AMD several times and have even downloaded their scanner and it says that there is no driver update available on their site. So is my graphics driver up to date or is it not, if it isn't up to date how can I install the driver update?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,058 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:02 PM

AMD is calling that series "Legacy" and is still offering their last driver version for it for it, version 14.4..

what is your Windows version?  i found this page for the XP OS.. this page can also lead you to the other windows versions

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows+XP+-+Professional/Home&RenderOnServer=true

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#3 VishIsBoss

VishIsBoss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:59 PM

AMD is calling that series "Legacy" and is still offering their last driver version for it for it, version 14.4..

what is your Windows version?  i found this page for the XP OS.. this page can also lead you to the other windows versions

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows+XP+-+Professional/Home&RenderOnServer=true

Okay, I have tried it out and it works perfectly, my computer overall looks way better than before. Thanks!

#4 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,058 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:09 PM

Excellent!

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users