Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Did anything changed again for windows 7 update?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 titan1

titan1

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:33 AM

Well I didn't get the time to update windows during july, I decided to do this today, but windows update was stuck at installing. I searched this forum because in may there was an update for windows update agent which I had to install manually to get windows update working again. While searching I got a mention of KB3172605. I installed it and hoped that this will make it work again. But it isn't still working now. I used to use windows auto update, but due to the windows 10 massacre I decided to do it manually. Now every other day it stops working. It's annoying that i have to pamper it this much. I will be glad to have any help, thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:46 AM

- Windows Update for Win 7 is still a mess. MS seems to be very busy with Win 10.

- I never use the "Automatic" for Windows Update (WU). I don't want MS' WU messing up my system.

- What do you mean by "now every day it stops working" ?

- Try this first:

http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,4799.0.html

It contains instructions on how to fix this Windows Update problem. It worked for me. But your system could have more WU related problems.

#3 titan1

titan1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:42 AM

hi willy22 :hello: , thanks for your reply. Yes I agree with you that windows update for windows 7 is a mess. By saying it stops working "every other day", I wanted to say that it always comes up with issues every 2-3months. Sometimes it solves itself, sometimes it doesn't, and as I am a average joe in terms of computing, it doesn't take much to take me at my wits end. I went to the link provided by you, the update mentioned there as KB 3102810 was already installed on my computer. I have just not updated for july, so the convenience roll up update is not for me. I am on a tight data cap, so can't download that much large file. So i went to the site mentioned there http://wu.krelay.de/en/. it also contains updates that are already installed on my computer. So I guess I might need something else. Thank you again for your reply. :thumbsup2:

#4 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:03 AM

- Don't you have a someone who can download that/those large update(s) for you ? And put it/them on a USB stick ?

- Odd. Because in normal situations these updates would do the trick.

- You could try to remove those updates and re-install them. Then having copies of those updates would be very usefull.

Edited by Willy22, 16 August 2016 - 07:04 AM.

#5 titan1

titan1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:56 AM

Hi willy22, thank you for your reply. I downloaded KB3102810 and KB3138612 when I ied installing them directly, they said they are already installed, But I could not find them in control panel while searching them by name in the installed updates. Now I am seeing while windows update is checking for updates it is sticking there as usual, but in background I can see in my connection manager that there is a continuous downlink. And it goes on while gobbling up data. I don't think it's a malware problem. because when I don't check for windows updates (i.e. reboot windows and change the setting for checking for windows update to never check for updates, the downlink goes away).

Unfortunately, i don't have anyone who can download those large updates for me. I live in a place which can be described as 'remote village'. Me and my friends here are limited to 1GB/month or 2GB/month data allowances, as data packs are expensive here. If I really need to install those updates, then I will need to move to nearby town to a computer repair store, and in such scenario I would rather prefer to re-install windows from scratch, so that is my last resort and worst case scenario. thank you again for your response. :thumbup2:

Edited by titan1, 16 August 2016 - 08:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users