Got this very hard problem that I am trying to tackle. The Windows Vista goes to black screen forever after the green loading bar.
- Tried the usual automatic repair and failed.
- Tried going into Safe Mode, and it wont let me either, it gets stuck and just automatically restarts.
- Tried to use System Restore, and the restore points all failed.
- Tried chkdsk, doesnt work.
- Tried CD regback as described in this Youtube video and it didn't work, https://www.youtube....h?v=2f-GorXWkoc.
- Tried to upgrade to Windows 7, it doesnt work unless I am in the OS already which cant get into. Would be great if this works while keeping the programs still able to run.
- Currently I have booted the computer via the install disk-> repair-> command prompt. Trying to do "sfc /scannow" within C drive. However I am facing the challenge of "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service". It seems like an administrative privilege is needed. Is there a way to get around this?
- I have used Ubuntu and retrieved the major files needed.
Does anyone else have any other ideas to load Vista again?
Basically the aim is to get back into the OS without having to reinstall the programs again.