Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista won't start up, many methods tried

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 talkingtree

talkingtree

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:32 AM

Hi all,

Got this very hard problem that I am trying to tackle. The Windows Vista goes to black screen forever after the green loading bar.

- Tried the usual automatic repair and failed.

- Tried going into Safe Mode, and it wont let me either, it gets stuck and just automatically restarts.

- Tried to use System Restore, and the restore points all failed.

- Tried chkdsk, doesnt work.

- Tried CD regback as described in this Youtube video and it didn't work, https://www.youtube....h?v=2f-GorXWkoc.

- Tried to upgrade to Windows 7, it doesnt work unless I am in the OS already which cant get into. Would be great if this works while keeping the programs still able to run.

- Currently I have booted the computer via the install disk-> repair-> command prompt. Trying to do "sfc /scannow" within C drive. However I am facing the challenge of "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service". It seems like an administrative privilege is needed. Is there a way to get around this?

- I have used Ubuntu and retrieved the major files needed.

Does anyone else have any other ideas to load Vista again?

Basically the aim is to get back into the OS without having to reinstall the programs again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:14 AM

This may be the infamous Vista Black Screen of Death. Using Ubuntu delete all the log files in C:\Windows\System32\Winevt\logs

http://www.nuonsoft.com/blog/2009/05/02/possible-ksod-black-screen-of-death-solution-for-windows-vista/comment-page-2/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users