Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Use Remote Desktop Connection WITHOUT logging off user

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 InnoWorks

InnoWorks

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:15 AM

Hello everyone. I just got hired as a computer tech  and my IT Manager gave me a project for my days off. He wants to know how to remote control workstations using Remote Desktop Connection without loging of the other user. I have been searching online  and have not come up with anything. Problem is that it can only be windows built in so no third party software. Maybe some scripts. The server we are running is Windows 2008 R2 and it is a windows 7 and windows 10 environment. Thanks in advance!

Edited by InnoWorks, 15 August 2016 - 01:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM

Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRC3whHlr2c

http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-enable-multiple-concurrent-user-in-remote-desktop-windows-7

#3 InnoWorks

InnoWorks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:09 PM

We want to remote control while the user is able to still view the screen( not being logged out). We have access to the server and our windows accounts have full permissions btw.

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:11 PM

Have you tried remote assistance? The user has to initiate it from their end. They send you an invite through mail or a file.

#5 InnoWorks

InnoWorks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:42 AM

Have you tried remote assistance? The user has to initiate it from their end. They send you an invite through mail or a file.

We want to do it without remote assistance.

#6 hovrak

hovrak

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:41 PM

i created account just to reply to you...

get NoMachine its free and better the RDP and it does exactly what your looking for.

#7 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

LOL well why bother with software when it can be done in Windows 7or server 2008 ^.

Just install RAT on a  windows 7 workstation or on the server its Remote Desktop Service role, then from there navigate to the remote desktop services manager, click actions from the menu, connect to PC.

From there you right click the user and click the remote control, take note of the Break key combination.

i find its ok but with people who have 2 screens it never works and apparently its a issue for many such as my self!

Edited by JohnnyJammer, 19 December 2016 - 09:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users