Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop not getting on / no power - Hp Probook

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aceim

Aceim

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:57 PM

Hi,

I have Hp ProBook 6460b, actually couple of days ago when my battery drained out I tried to plug in charger but system was not getting any power (no charging indicator turn on). I tried to resolve it by removing and inserting back battery, trying to power it on directly (without battery) but nothing has worked for me. Yes, after one attempt to reinsert battery back, system start to get power and even I turned laptop on but in a min or two charging indicator turned off and system shut down as battery has not enough charge left.

I feel it is important to mention that same thing has happened couple of months ago and that time even I have purchased a new charger but laptop was not getting power so I returned the charger. Fortunately, after re inserting battery back it has started to get power and till couple of days ago there was no power/charging issue.

Laptop battery was in good condition and fully charged battery was giving backup for nearly 2+ hrs.

I don't know what to do, what could be the reason ? and above all how to fix it ?

Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:16 PM

If you want to use your computer ASAP, then charge it for about an hour (Based on your description, it seems that your computer doesn't have enough charge to start up)

I suggest you to charge and leave it for a few hours (I don't suggest you to leave it overnight, because over-charging a battery reduces its capacity significantly). When the charge indicator changes to let you know that the battery is fully charged, then unplug it. :)

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#3 Aceim

Aceim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:57 AM

Hi,
Well I kept laptop on charging for few hrs, but no charging indicator turned on....same status.

#4 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:34 PM

Seems to be a problem with the powerbrick instead. Is your laptop still under warranty? If so, its best if you ship it off.

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Github | Keybase

#5 Aceim

Aceim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:40 PM

No it is not under warranty, I would like to mention that from past few months at times cooling fan starts running at relatively high speed and after a while it comes to a normal speed.

#6 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:40 PM

Unfortunately, it seems to be a hardware issue. Your best bet to getting it repaired would be to take it to HP, but if you do want to repair it yourself, you can, but there is a huge risk. If you are going to the route of repairing it yourself, take a look at the Maintenance and Service Guide available here: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/manualsResults/?sp4ts.oid=5045594&spf_p.tpst=psiContentResults&spf_p.prp_psiContentResults=wsrp-navigationalState%3Daction%253Dmanualslist%257Ccontentid%253DService-and-maintenance%257Clang%253Den&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users