Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen loop after computer crashed

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Yorticus

Yorticus

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

Hello,

I'm running Windows 7
I got an alert that my chip was getting hot 65c, which is t THAT hot but anyway, I was playing a game which could have made it hotter then my computer just turned off. I thought it was a power surge at first but when I tried to start Windows it gets to the little Windows animation and just before the Windows come together it freezes and gives me a blue screen that say something like:

A problem has been detected and Windows has shut down. To protect your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this starts again do the following steps:

Remove any new viruses.

Something very close to that, the screen flashes very quickly and then restarts my comp.

I've tried booting into safemode and I get the same blue screen. The Windows repair function scans for about 5 mins and then tells me that it cannot be automatically repaired.

Also, something that I think is new is while it's just starting up (before the Windows animation) it says looking for drives / drivers etc.

Let me know if you need any other information. Absolutely nothing had been changed recently. I was playing a game for a few hours before it took a crap on me :(

Thanks in advance,

Yorticus

Specs

Mb- sabertooth 990FX
Chip - amd fx 8150 8 core
Ram - 4 dim kit 16g total
Windows 7

Edited by Yorticus, 14 August 2016 - 06:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:09 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 Yorticus

Yorticus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:16 PM

It's a custom made desktop.

MB - sabertooth 990FX
Chip - amd fx 8150 8 core

I took all components out to look at the mb to see if I see any heat damage. Everything looks normal but I'm not even sure how this heat problem could have corrupted my boot drive. Maybe it's totally unrelated

Edited by Yorticus, 14 August 2016 - 06:21 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:28 PM

Tap F8 at boot. At the Advanced Boot Options select Use Last Known Good Configuration. If that does not work then at the Advanced Boot Menu select Repair Computer and do a System Restore to a date just before the blue screen.

You can stop the computer at the blue screen by selecting Disable Auto Restart on System Failure in the Advanced Boot Menu.

#5 Yorticus

Yorticus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:43 PM

Last known configure does the same thing, freeZe blue screen. Repair doesn't work, it says, cannot automatically fix, and I don't have a restore points somehow :/.

Also looked at the log for the automatic repair and this is the only error.

System files integrity check and repair
Result failed. Error code = 0x490

Edited by Yorticus, 14 August 2016 - 07:57 PM.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

Tapping F8 select Repair Computer and do a Startup Repair. It may take up to three attempts before Windows completes the startup repairs.

If the startup repair does not work after three attempts at the Advanced Boot Menu select Repair Computer > command prompt. Type the following

sfc /scannow

Let it scan for any missing or corrupt system files.

#7 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:20 PM

Overheating could cause damage to CPU and other components. Could you take a screenshot using your smartphone or a camera? Or, you can right down the caused by, and the reason (if it appears), and everything in Technical Information

nliRamz.png

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#8 Yorticus

Yorticus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:40 PM

I attached an image of the blue screen. Hopefully it works and is readable.

Also FYI looking at the repair attempt that fails, there is only one error 0x490

Attached Files

Edited by Yorticus, 14 August 2016 - 08:43 PM.

#9 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:49 PM

Based on the BSOD error code: 0x0000007B it is INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. The thing about this error code is, the hard disk was working fine, and suddenly, it lost access to the disk after startup. This may not indicate hard disk damage, because it could be that your cable to the hard drive is loose or that it is not getting enough power

-CKing

Edited by CKing123, 14 August 2016 - 08:57 PM.

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Github | Keybase

#10 Yorticus

Yorticus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:58 PM

I took the cause apart, removed all wires and hookups and re-hooked them up. When the problem originally happened my entire computer just shut completely off. I tried to boot it back up but I'm stuck with these issues I've described. Anything else I can try? Literally nothing has been changed on my comp to drain more powerless anything like that in a year probably

#11 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:00 PM

In that case, it could be with the hard drive itself. Take it out, plug in into another computer using the SATA to USB adapter, and BACKUP the data! Then, run this command in elevated command prompt:

chkdsk /r d:

Replace d with the letter of your connected disk. After it finishes, can you plug it back into the original computer, and give it a go again?

-CKing

Edited by CKing123, 14 August 2016 - 09:02 PM.

Github | Keybase

#12 Yorticus

Yorticus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:11 PM

In that case, it could be with the hard drive itself. Take it out, plug in into another computer using the SATA to USB adapter, and BACKUP the data! Then, run this command in elevated command prompt:
chkdsk /r d:
Replace d with the letter of your connected disk. After it finishes, can you plug it back into the original computer, and give it a go again?

-CKing

I can do that, I have another computer here. After I plug it into the other computer how do you suggest I back it up?

#13 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:12 PM

Don't boot up from the disk. Plug it in, and start backing up on another disk, or on the other computer (although backing to another computer is not that reliable form of backup)

-CKing

Github | Keybase

#14 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:12 PM

Also, run hard disk diagnostics. (More information about doing so from here: http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html)

-CKing

Edited by CKing123, 14 August 2016 - 10:12 PM.

Github | Keybase

#15 Yorticus

Yorticus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:01 AM

Also, run hard disk diagnostics. (More information about doing so from here: http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html)

-CKing

Hard drive still doesn't work in my main.
Ok ran both tests and here are the results:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users