Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus or legit?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Devio

Devio

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:42 PM

Hello, I suddenly had an issue from my computer stating "Windows detected a hard disk problem" So i thought Hmm, I'm going to back up my disk. So i did and backed it up manually thinking this could be a virus. And after i checked checked the disk myself using Error checking in settings / tools apparently the disk was fine with no errors, So i went on with my night. about 15 minutes later it popped up again and now i have screen shot the error and the error check for you to have a look.

I believe i know my way around computers but not enough to diagnose a error from a virus which is why i come to you people for advice. Should i treat this as a virus or an error. If needed my computer has come to a point for a factory reset if it is a virus but i wont bother if its not. Please can you let me know asap. Thank you. If you need any further details just let me know and ill respond with the details asap.

Untitled.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,095 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:54 PM

Your C and E drive need more free space....possibly that is what Windows is complaining about. As a rule keep 15% to 20% free..

15 X 465 = 69.75 -13.5 = 56.25 GB you need to move to some place else or delete from the C drive.....minimum

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Devio

Devio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:37 PM

Thank you very much, I will do that and respond if the error keeps occurring from there. If it stops i will also reply so others can benefit from this as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users