Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connected to router but no Internet - Complicated

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 D3xter

D3xter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:41 PM

So this is a relatively recent problem for me. About three days ago I moved to a new house, had a new router installed, and connected perfectly with no problems whatsoever. Later that day I disconnected (Connected, but with no internet) for a solid half-hour before it decided to work. Yesterday I had the exact same problem -- randomly it disconnected (only once) and then re-connected after about a half hour.

Today I woke up, opened up my laptop, and tried to connect. I was immediately hit with the "Connected and Secure but with no Internet" error. I restarted my PC, didn't work, I restarted my router, didn't work, I flushed my DNS cache and restarted most of my adapter settings, didn't work. Note also that I am on the laptop currently using an Ethernet cable and the internet is working perfectly. I have two other laptops connected to the exact same router and they have a perfect ping rate and a great connection.

The only solution that has worked for me so far has been to uninstall my WiFi adapter/driver completely, restart my PC, and then after I had checked that my PC has re-installed the WiFi driver/adapter I re-connected to my router. This let me use the internet for about 15 minutes before going back to the default "Connected and Secured but with no internet error".

Also note I have already gone into my IPv4 and IPv6 settings and made sure that the "Obtain the IP address automatically" option is selected. Also note that under my adapter settings, under properties, there USED to be an option to force a 20 MHz only OR 20_40MHz only connection. This option/property is no longer there but the basic HT Enable/Disable property is still there.

Sorry for being so lengthy, but I have no idea what could be causing this. If anyone has a possible solution or test I could run I'd be more than willing to try it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'm running Windows 10 and my Adapter/Drivers for my WiFi are updated.

Edited by D3xter, 14 August 2016 - 01:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 D3xter

D3xter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:33 PM

Uploaded the MiniToolBox results to PasteBin: http://pastebin.com/etDKwEvk

Edit: And now it's working again, randomly. I'm sure it'll go back offline soon enough.

Edited by D3xter, 14 August 2016 - 03:59 PM.

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:10 PM

"Connected and Secured but with no internet error".

means its your routers connection to the internet not your connection to the router

#4 D3xter

D3xter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:13 PM

"Connected and Secured but with no internet error".

means its your routers connection to the internet not your connection to the router

When I'm connected but without any internet it only effects this laptop. When I have that error and I use another laptop connected to the same router at the same time I'm not having a problem. I've done a bit more research and it's looking like my integrated Network Interface Card might be going bad.

#5 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:51 PM

That would be a good guess.

your minitoolbox report showed errors in app/os.  might want to see if there are updates

you can try a tcp/ip reset

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users