Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

face book and IE.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 katouriann

katouriann

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:26 AM

Suddenly, I cannot post to face book. It seems to be the IE browser because I can do it with Google Chrome.  I use IE as my default browser and wonder what has happened.  I cleaned out the cache, also did a system restore to before this happened to no avail.  Hope someone has an answer for me.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 August 2016 - 11:14 AM.
moved from Windows 7 to the appropriate forum

margiedogholdingshoe2.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:20 AM

Try a reset of IE.

Start menu/Control Panel/Internet Options

Advanced tab.

Reset Internet Explorer settings is at the bottom of Advanced.

Click Reset.

You will asked to confirm that you want to Reset. At this point, you can either delete personal settings or keep them.
When you reset Internet Explorer you can uncheck Preserve Favorites and you will not lose any sites in Favorites.

Preserving Favorites has nothing to do with bookmarked pages. In this case it refers to things such as your home page (which will be changed to MSN if you have a different homepage), saved sign in names and passwords, default search provider (will be changed to Bing) and other things related to how you have IE set up. You can easily change the homepage and default search provider to those you prefer.

If IE is open, you will have to close it before it will reset.

After you reset IE, see if you are able to post on Facebook with Internet Explorer.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:54 AM

What version of IE are you talking about?  Some websites now only support IE 11, if I remember correctly.

FWIW

The semi-official pronouncement from Facebook...is to "use the most current version" of whatever browser.  If you have Win 7, then that would be IE 11.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 14 August 2016 - 12:04 PM.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:51 PM

Thank you, Louis. The thought that it could be the IE version never occurred to me. I've never had that problem as my IE is always up-to-date.

Please let us know about the version before doing a reset of IE. A reset will not do any good if IE needs to be updated.

#5 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:12 PM

My question would be what happens when you try to post on facebook with Internet Explorer? Do you see the post box? Can you get a cursor? Do you get a error? Can you comment but not post?

Also, can you type in other fields like Youtube comments or this thread with IE?

Edited by Trikein, 15 August 2016 - 01:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users