Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Insider upgrade 14901.1000 RealTek sound issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jekemi2013

jekemi2013

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:36 AM

upon upgrading to the Windows Insider Program edition of Win 10 14901 my RealTek sound driver was blown away. I reinstalled but it is not recognizing it. This problem was immediately reported on the Insider Program site and has been experienced by others. Any thoughts? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:24 AM

That is the whole point of the Insider Program. As a beta tester you are expected to find the bugs and glitches and report on them.

You are doing good for the whole community.

(I'm an insider myself.)

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 jekemi2013

jekemi2013
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:53 AM

Thanks Rocky. if you see or hear of any fixes let me know. 

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:41 AM

Will do. I cruise around different forums and stuff and I will keep my eyes open for this bug and a possible fix.

Oh, and I am so sorry, I forgot to say WELCOME!!! Welcome to Bleeping Computer, it is a great place to hang out.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:10 PM

The Realtek sound drivers are some of the most stable drivers that I've seen.

I'd try installing the drivers with a monitoring program (such as Install Monitor or Total Uninstall)

Then use that to ensure that all traces of the drivers are removed.

Then visit the Realtek download site and try their drivers:  http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users