Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Office Home and Student 2016

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 calican2

calican2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:30 AM

HI, 

I just bought Office Home and Student 2016 last August 7, 2016 from a mall in Long Island, NY. I tried to install it but it gave me a message:"The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem", whenever I click on Excel or Word.

I tried reinstalling it 6 x and no progress. I tried uninstalling and installing the program, the same message I got. I tried Windows 7 update but it seems there is none.

The old Excel and Word 7 were package installed in my laptop computer when I bought it from Best Buy in 2011. I bought the MS Office because I had a computer crash. My Toshiba laptop recovered a few of my files. Luckily I have a record of my anti-virus registration and I was able to reinstall it. Now I need MS Office to access some of my files in my USB.

Some recommendation I got was to temporarily disconnect the anti-virus or the firewall. I do not know how to do this. Someone please help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users