Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Overclock Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HeliosV

HeliosV

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:27 PM

I want to overclock my pc for gaming, as i don't have the best cpu/gpu. 
Specs: Intel i3-3220 3.3ghz

Intel hd graphics 2500 32mb vram

8 gb DDR3 ram

I just want a little boost.. can someone help? In my bios, there is a tab for overclocking, or should i use a program? Im assuming the bios would be safer but im not sure.

I can also boost my vram to 256 mb in the bios. This is a desktop computer, that was built. Not a preconfigured PC.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:56 PM

This one of several sites, but best advice is to go to the mother board makers site.  Many times there are blogs with info.

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php

Phil

Edited by OldPhil, 13 August 2016 - 07:57 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,499 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:40 PM

According to cpu specs on the net that cpu is locked at 33 multiplier. The only overclock you can do is raise the FSB and that is typically not very much as the entire system becomes unstable. Having a unlocked cpu multiplier is a far better way to overclock the cpu. Having all ram slots populated is also a issue with overclocking. Based off latency and timings it's easier to overclock a system with 2 ram sticks instead of 4. As Phill suggested to join a forum of seasoned overclockers is your best bet. You're really diving into a more technical difficult topic.

#4 HeliosV

HeliosV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:50 PM

Thank you! i decided not to, i was talking to a computer hardware guy and he said its not a good idea anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users