Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My mouse selects something when I drag and LET GO OF THE CLICK

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Arlothia

Arlothia

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:04 PM

So I have a Logitech wireless mouse on an Acer laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium and for the past week or so I've been having issues when I click and drag things.

For example:

-I left click on a blank part of the screen, drag my mouse while still pressing the button, and when I let go the button while I'm over any sort of link, it opens up. When I UNCLICK IT!?!?

-When I try to highlight text, it will highlight some of it, then it will stop highlighting, and then either pick up again somewhere else or it will drag whatever I highlighted.

-When I try to drag my tabs, they either don't move, or they drop off somewhere before I can get it where I want.

What is going on and how can I fix it?

Thank you!

Arlothia

Edited by Arlothia, 13 August 2016 - 05:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:15 PM

Try a different mouse...try the touchpad...determine whether it's the device or something else.

Louis

#3 Arlothia

Arlothia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:47 PM

Well, the touchpad works just fine...and now so does my mouse! I had tried some things I'd see online the other day and nothing worked, so maybe my computer just had to be rebooted or something.

So thank you for your suggestions and I'm happy that everything is solved!

A

#4 Arlothia

Arlothia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:19 PM

Well, scratch that being fixed. It's acting up again today. I have the exact same mouse on my other computer (which is working just fine) so I'll see about trying that one out on my laptop. I'm pretty sure it's the mouse, not the computer...

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:59 PM

You might also try uninstalling the mouse drivers, then rebooting and allowing such to reinstall.  Drivers (and other files) routinely become damaged and can result in unusual problems.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users